Thursday, March 27, 2008

Holy S%#t!!!

I have wanted to do a headstand for soooo long. I just haven't been able to get up. I've taken private yoga lessons to learn. I've studied the instructions in numerous yoga manuals. I've gone to the chiropractor several times after trying at home. I've listed my desire to stand on my head as my status on Facebook for goodness sake. But is just wasn't happening for me. Until last night!
The time was approximately 7pm. I was in Ryan Kelly's vinyasa class at the Yoga Center. She had us go to the wall and try an inversion of our choice. I asked for her help kicking up into handstand. I made one pathetic attempt at it and then told her, "nevermind... I am too scared." She asked me to set up headstand instead: forearms on the mat, hips high, walk in. And then somehow it all just clicked. Without her help, my legs went up and I was on my head. And it was easy. I exclaimed: "HOLY SH-T!" Everyone laughed. It was a joyous moment. I am so happy. It is a huge deal. Yeah for me.

No comments: