Friday, April 18, 2008

Back to it

The past few weeks for me have been really stressful (job issues, house drama, etc.) and I have lost my yoga way. I know that these are the times that yoga can be most helpful, but instead I have retreated to repeats of Law and Order, avoided my yoga mat, and totally disengaged from my spirit. (And that by the way, is why I have not been blogging – felt a bit disingenuous.) So I am using this blog entry as a public declaration that I will return to my path…because it sure feels crappy when I leave. Included below is a little anti-anxiety / heart opening asana sequence I’ve designed for myself in order to reconnect with my spirit and get me back into the world. Join me.

(1) Easy pose / meditation with index and thumb touching (Jnana Mudra) and palms facing down to calm the mind – 5 minutes



(2) Cat / cow pose (Marjaryasana / Bitilasana)





(3) Extended puppy pose (Uttana Shishosana)





(4) Staff pose (Dandasana)




(5) Head to knee forward bend (Janu Sirsasana) - right and left side




(6) Bridge pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)




(7) Happy baby pose (Ananda Balasana)



(8) Camel pose (Ustrasana)




(9) Child’s pose with arms extended forward (Balasana)




(10) Bound angle pose (Baddha Konasana)



(11) Half pigeon pose (Ardha Kapotasana) – right and left side



(12) Supine twists – right and left side



(13) Corpse pose (Savasana) – restorative version with bolster, blankets, and eye pillow – 20 minutes


(14) Easy pose with salutation seal / hands at heart center (Anjali Mudra)

Namaste.

No comments: